Back to News
Please read: Coronavirus update regarding consultations
Posted on 12 Mar 2020
As you are already aware, the World Health Organisation has declared Coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic. If you have travelled to any of the affected areas or have been in contact with anyone at risk and have flu like symptoms, such as;
- DRY COUGH
- SHORTNESS OF BREATH
That are worsening, then please call 111 and don’t attend the practice or go to A&E. If you have mild symptoms, please self isolate yourself at home for 7 days.
As we are one of the few surgeries that still operate an open and walk in surgery, we realise we may be putting our vulnerable patients at risk if patients fail to adhere to the guidelines already in place and turn up to the surgery, with coronavirus symptoms.
All booked appointments and clinics are running as normal so far but we are in the process of putting a contingency plan in place during this current coronavirus pandemic. We have decided the first plausible option would be to deal with as many patients over the telephone, where it is acceptable and safe to do so. Please call the surgery where a doctor will call you back with advice and further information. You may be triaged if the GP decides you need to be assessed at the surgery and offered a time where appropriate. We understand at this time our phones may be busier than usual, so please bare with us. May we stress, at present, we are running as normal so if you need to attend the surgery in person, for complaints not relating to Coronavirus, we are not turning patients away.
There are alternative methods of communication/treatment:
- Prescription requests can be emailed
- Common ailments can be dealt with by your local pharmacy (if their services are running as normal) Information of common ailments can be found on our website
- Telephone encounters with the GP
- Queries, results and requests can be dealt with over the telephone
Again, may we stress, If you have any of the following symptoms:
- Dry cough
- High temperature
- Shortness of breath
DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY!
In the case that you have symptoms and:
- Travelled from one of the affected outlined countries
- Have had contact with someone that has been to one of the affected countries
- Have been in contact with someone confirmed with coronavirus
PLEASE CALL 111 FOR IMMEDIATE ADVICE AND SELF ISOLATE FOR 14 DAYS